Advertised Pay Range $50,000 (non-certified), $52,650 (certified)
Unit Mission Statement
The primary purpose of the William & Mary Police Department is to support the greater university community in their core pursuits of teaching, research and public service. “It is imperative that we provide police, public safety, emergency communications, and emergency management services in a manner that not only keeps people safe, but also ensures that people feel safe in their environment.”
To protect life and property and enforce the laws of the Commonwealth as well as the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of William & Mary in such a manner as to create an environment conducive to the educational mission of William & Mary.
1. Education or Training: High School graduate or equivalent
2. Ability to successfully complete a specified law enforcement training program within 1 year of hire
3. Valid Division of Motor Vehicles operator’s license
4. Ability to obtain and maintain certification in CPR and First Aid
5. Must be 21 years of age and a U.S. Citizen
1. Associate degree or higher in criminal justice or related discipline.
2. Current Virginia law enforcement certification or law enforcement certification from another state.
3. Prior employment with a campus law enforcement agency.