This position is responsible for the enforcement of criminal laws, traffic laws, and the policies of the University System of Georgia and East Georgia State College and for ensuring the safety and security of the campus community, facilities, and equipment.
• Patrols the campus to detect and deter crime and prevent damage to property.
• Checks the security and safety of campus buildings; locks and unlocks buildings.
• Reports safety and security hazards to supervisors.
• Enforces campus safety and security policies.
• Responds to calls for service, including reports of suspicious persons or conditions, crime reports, and medical, fire or disaster emergencies.
• Enforces campus parking and traffic regulations.
• Investigates traffic accidents and criminal or non-criminal incidents.
• Recovers and secures stolen or lost property and evidence.
• Provides service and assistance to students, faculty, staff, and visitors.
• Responds to accidents, injuries and medical emergencies and provides First Aid, CPR /AED as appropriate; responsible for calling an ambulance when needed and completing EGSC Accident/Injury Form.
• Transports injured employees and students in emergency situations when an ambulance is delayed or unavailable.
• Responsible for transporting injured employees and students in non-emergency situations, when an ambulance is delayed or unavailable, or securing an available college employee to transport.
• Completes required reports in a timely manner.
• Testifies in court.
• Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with completion of specialized training in the field of work, in addition to basic skills typically associated with a high school education.
• Must be POST Certified and in good standing.
• Eligible to apply if within 60 days of graduation from a POST approved Police Academy with Basic Law Enforcement Certification. Final employment is contingent on obtaining POST certification
• (Trainee) Must obtain a P-2 reserving a seat in a POST approved Police Academy with Basic Law Enforcement Certification within ninety (90) days of hire date.