Salary: $56,377.66 per year.
This position is responsible for the enforcement of federal, state, and local laws and the protection of life and property. An incumbent in this position may be designated “Senior Police Officer” and placed at Grade 15.
- Patrols an assigned zone to detect and deter criminal activity and traffic violations.
- Responds to calls for service, including domestic disputes, assaults, burglaries, traffic accidents, lost or missing persons searches, public service duties, stranded motorists, and other.
- Conducts preliminary investigations into traffic accidents and other incidents, including interviewing victims, complainants and witnesses, gathering information and evidence, and securing crime scenes.
- Apprehends, arrests, and processes offenders, including fugitives; subpoenas witnesses.
- Provides assistance and backup support to other officers and emergency service providers as necessary.
- Assists motorists.
- Provides traffic direction as needed for events such as parades, funerals, events, and school crossings.
- Testifies in judicial proceedings as necessary.
- Completes all required reports and forms, including accident and incident reports.
- Inspects and maintains assigned patrol car, uniform, and equipment.
- Performs specialized duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- U.S. Citizen.