Occupational Category: Law Enforcement
Under general supervision, performs a variety of duties involved in the enforcement of laws and prevention of crimes; controls traffic flow and enforces State and local traffic regulations; participates in and conducts a variety of criminal investigations; provides a high level of customer service and integrate the community into policing activities; participates in community based police activities and programs; performs a variety of technical and administrative tasks in support of law enforcement services and activities. Performs other duties, as required.
Police Recruit – $41,000
Police Officer 1 – $43,160 – $47,641 DOQ
Police Officer 2 – $47,736 (must be Georgia POST Certified with 4 or more total years of Law Enforcement experience)
- Must be a United States Citizen.
- Minimum age of 20, must be 21 at time of employment.
- Must possess a valid US Driver’s License, must possess a GA Driver’s License at time of employment.
- Must possess a High School Diploma or a GED Certification.
- Additionally, applicants that do not already possess a current Georgia Peace Officer Standards and Training Council (P.O.S.T.) Basic Law Enforcement Certification must be able to show proof of acceptable ASSET, COMPASS, SAT, ACT or P.O.S.T. Entrance test scores for Georgia Peace Officer's Standards and Training Council (P.O.S.T.) Academy Entrance. (A copy of the acceptable test scores will be requested.) For additional information visithttp://gapost.org/ee_info.html.
- Veterans must have an honorable discharge.
- Visual ability cannot be less than 20/100 in each eye uncorrected, and must be corrected to 20/20 with glasses, contact lenses, or RK surgery.
- Must successfully complete all steps in the hiring process including:
- Must pass a physical fitness assessment.
- Must successfully pass an extensive background investigation.
- Must successfully pass post-offer polygraph examination, psychological and medical evaluations, and drug screen.
- Must be able to write clearly, accurately, concisely, and legibly using correct English, grammatical construction, and spelling, must be able to read and interpret complex technical documents in English.
- Must have the ability to express him/herself in a clear, distinct, and understandable manner when speaking to individuals, to people of different socio-economic level, before various public and community groups, and when testifying.
- Must exhibit excellent customer service skills.
- Must have the ability to interpret, apply, and makes decisions in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local policies, laws, and regulations.
- Must have a basic knowledge of community policing principles and practices.