Currently Offering Signing Bonus, If offered a position with the Department:
Entry Level/POST Academy Training – $37,440
Starting pay for Certified (POST) Police Officer – $43,680.
This position is responsible to assist fellow officers with interdepartmental duties and city activities; responding to the needs of the general public by performing rescues, giving information and direction, mediating disputes and deterring criminal activity within the community; compiling reports, preparing cases for trial and appearing in court; maintaining and updating records for proper documentation; working to achieve the highest level of cooperation and to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of law enforcement within the City of Clarkston.
• Patrols City of Clarkston to detect and deter criminal activity and traffic violations.
• Responds to calls relayed by communications officers, including domestic disputes, assaults, burglaries, traffic accidents, lost or missing persons searches, public service duties, stranded motorists, and others.
• Enforces Federal, State, and local laws by performing warrant, felony or misdemeanor arrests; implements physical confrontation when necessary;
protects the civil rights of persons in custody.
• Enforces traffic and parking laws through the issuance of citations and warnings; performs routine inspections of roadways, bridges and traffic signals and signs to find and report any hazardous conditions;
• Conducts preliminary investigations into traffic accidents and other incidents, including interviewing victims, complainants and witnesses, gathering information and evidence, and securing crime scenes.
• Apprehends, arrests, and processes offenders, including fugitives; summons witnesses.
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Associate’s degree or two (2) years college coursework preferred;
- Valid Georgia Driver’s license US citizen;
- At least 21 years of age;
- Preference will be given to applicants that are Georgia P.O.S.T. Certified.
- Successful completion of the pre-employment process which includes oral
interview, background check, criminal records and traffic history check, medical
and drug screening, polygraph evaluation, and/or voice stress, successful
completion of Police Academy;
- Valid State of Georgia Driver’s License;
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.