ANNUAL SALARY RANGE: $72,611.00 – 98,824.00 (Salaries are paid biweekly)
SELECTION PROCESS: Application deadline is 3:00 pm MT on 7/8/22..
Work related to the enforcement of laws and regulations, crime prevention, and the protection of life and property. These are sworn positions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties and responsibilities are illustrative of the primary functions of this position and are not intended to be all inclusive.
- Affect an arrest, forcibly if necessary, using handcuffs and other restraints; subdue resisting suspects using maneuvers and approved weapons in self-defense; process and transport people taken into custody or detained.
- Prepare investigative and other reports, including sketches, using appropriate grammar, symbols, and mathematical computations.
- Exercise independent judgment in determining when and to what extent force may be used, and when there is reasonable suspicion to detain or probable cause to search and arrest.
- Safely operate a law enforcement vehicle both day and night, in emergency situations involving speeds in excess of posted limits, in congested traffic and on unsafe road conditions.
- Communicate effectively with dispatchers and other police personnel utilizing laptop computer and radio.
- Gather appropriate information from victims, suspects, witnesses, and confidential informants.
- Properly handle and use weapons and/or firearms from a variety of body positions, under conditions of stress that justify the use of deadly force, and perform at levels of proficiency prescribed in certification standards.
- Perform searches, which may involve walking for long periods, and stopping and detaining suspicious vehicles and persons.
MINIMUM/PREFERRED EDUCATION LEVEL
Minimum Must have a minimum of 60 semester or 90 quarter hours from an accredited college or university and a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA. Transcripts are required for verification.
Required Certifications/Licenses/Specialized Training:
Must have a valid driver’s license at time of application, be 21 years of age and a U.S. citizen or legally eligible to work in the United States by application closing date; no felony convictions; no misdemeanor convictions which would affect the ability to obtain Colorado POST certification.