Open Until Filled
- The main purpose of the NC State University Police Officer position is to protect and serve the students, faculty, staff and visitors of North Carolina State University through law enforcement and crime prevention.
- The selected candidate(s) will patrol campus and investigate complaints and violations of State laws and local ordinances.
- This person also develops and implements preventative patrol techniques and performs specialized duties to deter crime and promote effective safety and security practices.
- Must possess a minimum of High School diploma or GED from an appropriately accredited institution, a probationary certification from the NC CJETSC as a commissioned police officer and show successful completion of the appointing agency’s designated field training program for newly appointed Campus Police Officers.
- Candidates must meet the minimum State standards for employment.
- Candidates must successfully complete a department orientation course, a department field training program during probationary period, and must satisfactorily complete the state mandated probationary period.
- The selected candidate must possess good oral and written communication skills and deal with the public and representatives of the criminal justice system in a professional manner.
- The candidate(s) for this position will be considered a ‘MANDATORY’ Employee as defined in University Regulation 04-20-07.
- All professional certifications referenced below are issued through the North Carolina Criminal Justice Education and Training Standards Commission and can be found. The minimum State of North Carolina employment standards can be found.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Is an individual with impeccable integrity.
- Models courteous engagement and outstanding customer service.
- Associate’s degree or higher education level.
- Experience in a higher education public safety or campus police department is preferred as is experience in a CALEA or IACLEA accredited department.
- 80 percent score on annual firearms qualification strongly preferred.
- Notice to Veterans: pursuant to North Carolina law, you may qualify for a reduced BLET enrollment as outlined