Salary: $25.00 an hour.
Perform a variety of duties to provide protection to the college community members and property, enforce all Local, State, and Federal laws, rules and regulations as well as perform other related duties following standard practices and procedures. Must be able to work as a team member to incorporate community policing in a customer service atmosphere within the campus community. Must have demonstrated experience in positive engagement with members of a diverse society. Must be able to communicate professionally and effectively to promote mutually cooperative dialog.
- Must be physically able to operate and communicate using a variety of machines and equipment including firearm, baton, automobile, office equipment, radio, telephone, etc.
- Work includes considerable exposure to unusual elements, such as severe weather/ temperatures and loud noises.
- Work environment involves moderate exposure to hazards and physical risks to personal safety; must be physically fit and able to defend community members and one’s self from physical assault.
- Must be able to wear the required uniform and equipment.
- Must be able to work all shifts, including weekends, holidays, and overtime shifts as required – overtime is required.
- Previous experience in law enforcement, preferably in a college or university environment.
- The applicants must already have graduated from a full time MPTC ROC academy or Bridge Academy AND must have not had a break in police employment for more than 3 years at the date of application.
- All officers must maintain a valid SSPO warrant status to maintain continued employment.
- At least 3-5 years of experience as a sworn officer in public safety or police agency required.
- Must possess a valid Class D driver’s license and be able to obtain certification in basic first aid and CPR. In addition, must possess the ability to obtain a Massachusetts License to Carry Firearms – Class A Large Capacity permit in accordance with Massachusetts General Law Chapter 140, Section 131.
- Successful completion of various fitness for duty assessments; including a comprehensive background investigation, a physical exam, as well as the Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory-2, Rotter Sentence Completion and Beck Depression Inventory tests. Must pass 5-panel drug screening.