Salary: $47,507 annually.
Open Until Filled
- To enforce applicable policies and laws in University buildings and grounds.
- To protect the property of the Commonwealth in all buildings and grounds of the University and to exclude disorderly persons from same.
- To exercise powers of arrest under authority of law or ordinance wherein the University is located.
- To perform traffic and crowd control duties while enforcing all traffic laws and regulations of the Commonwealth and the University.
- Investigate traffic accidents, prepare accident reports and follow-up procedures as may be necessary.
- To investigate all crimes.
- To render assistance to those in distress.
- To provide public service to both residents and visitors to the University.
- To provide emergency services as may be necessary and/or directed by standing procedures for all types of disorder or disasters.
- To patrol and secure buildings and grounds as may be necessary during the tour of duty.
- To operate the University Communications System in accordance with existing FCC rules and regulations.
- To be responsible for the safety, control and use of Commonwealth property assigned to the University Police Department or the University.
- To cooperate with all other law enforcement agencies requesting assistance and/or information.
- To assume the duties of acting supervisor in their absence.
- Possession of basic computer skills necessary to complete reports and enter information into the department Informant system.
- Must have completed the requirements of Act 120.
- Possession of the Act 120 certification is required.
- Must meet the requirements of the department’s firearms qualification process.
- Must have or be able to obtain a valid PA driver’s license.
- Must meet the qualifications regarding strength, agility and health.
- Should have one year of police experience or any equivalent experience or training.
- An associate’s degree with major course work in police science, police administration or a closely related field may be substituted for one year of police experience.