Auburn University at Montgomery Campus Police Department invites applications for a full- time Police Officer. The qualified candidate selected for this position is expected to provide a full range of police services by enforcing state and federal laws and campus regulations through active foot patrols and mobile patrols.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Issue traffic citations and arrest warrants.
- Respond to calls regarding disputes and advises subjects regarding appropriate behavior.
- Effect arrests and transports to city jail.
- Patrol assigned area and investigate incidents.
- Conduct investigations as required; submit reports to supervisor of infractions of University rules and regulations, state laws, and city and county ordinances.
- Direct vehicle and pedestrian traffic and enforce parking and traffic rules and regulations.
- Respond to emergency situations and assist local police agencies as necessary.
- Provide crowd and traffic control during sporting events and other special events.
- Conducts crime prevention and security programs and directs traffic.
- Operates police network computers.
- Performs a vital role in emergency operations as first responders in crises situations.
Education equivalent to completion of high school. CPR and First Aid certificates are preferred. Continued employment is contingent upon obtaining POST certification. An offer of employment is contingent on passing a pre-employment background check, psychological test, and drug test.