Provides safety and security for staff, students and visitors. Performs law enforcement duties in controlling and analyzing crime scenes, establishing order at traffic accidents and identifying and enforcing parking violations.
Minimum Salary Range $42,172
- Proactive patrol of college properties to preserve law and order.
- Responds to public safety emergencies, complaints, or concerns, and administers proper procedures to ensure public safety.
- Conducts criminal investigations.
- Enforces parking and traffic regulations and controls and directs traffic.
- Inspects and maintains the physical security of college buildings and facilities.
- Provides public assistance needs such as; jump starting and unlocking vehicles, courtesy escorts, and promulgating special announcements.
- Prepares applicable crime and incident reports for an assigned shift.
- Responds to and conducts traffic accident investigations.
- Participates in community service activities.
- Performs law enforcement duties required to serve the public and maintain public safety.
- Completes all work assignment in a timely manner or by due dates.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Current TCOLE mandated required training.
- Basic peace officer certification with at least two years of full time law enforcement experience.
- Associate’s degree in a related field of criminal justice.
- Active shooter response training or certification.
- Five years of full time law enforcement experience.
Minimum Knowledge & Skills
- Must have an understanding and ability to interpret, apply and enforce the laws of Texas and U.S.
- Must have an understanding and ability to interpret and enforce COM policies.
- Must have an understanding of law enforcement principles and procedures.
- Must have an understanding of crime prevention principles.
- Must have knowledge and the ability to apply defensive tactics in accordance with the law.
- Must be proficient with the usage of firearms and knowledgeable with the legal application of discharging a weapon.
- Must have a basic knowledge and the application of first aid procedures.
- Must have the ability to analyze complex situations and use good judgment in making sound decisions.
- Must have the knowledge and skill to conduct interviews and interrogations in the course of investigations.
- Must have a working knowledge of de-escalation principles.
- Must be able to maintain personal control when dealing with difficult people.
- Must be computer literate and have proficient report writing skills.
- Must understand the principles of chain-of-command.
- Must be proficient with oral and written communication.
- Must have proficient interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisors, and the general public.
- Must have the ability to convey information and to receive work instructions.
Preferred Knowledge & Skills
- Valid driver’s license.
- Valid peace officer’s license.
- Basic peace officer certification.
- Current on TCOLE training units.