$68,192.59 – $87,024.29 Annually
The purpose of this position is to respond to citizen calls for service, provide a police presence in the community to encourage citizens to feel safe, conduct law enforcement activities and operations, and investigate crimes. This is accomplished by utilizing communications equipment, employing chemical and biological protective equipment, conducting police tactical movements, conducting security operations, conducting prisoner operations, conducting traffic operations, completing documentation, navigating streets, conducting investigations, and utilizing police equipment and weapons systems. Other duties include assisting with annual budget, assisting in special event planning, maintaining equipment, and responding to calls regarding animal control.
- Enforces all city ordinances, state and federal laws.
- Patrols the city and responds to citizen requests and complaints regarding possible criminal activity.
- Enforces all parking ordinances.
- Issues warnings and citations to violators of city and state regulations.
- Arrests violators and transports to other facilities.
- Investigates suspicious and criminal activity.
- Responds to emergency calls, traffic accidents and general requests for assistance.
- Conducts crime scene search investigations.
- Lifts fingerprints, takes photographs, interviews suspects and takes statements.
- Writes offense, incident, arrest and impoundment reports.
- Informs the community of crime prevention, public safety and public awareness programs.
- Appears in court and testifies under oath.
- Performs special assignments as required, such as investigative, park patrol, parking enforcement or crime prevention.
- Works 12-hour shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Minimum of 45 college credit hours preferred
- Basic certification preferred
- Valid driver’s license and driving record in good standing
- Five years’ experience in law enforcement preferred