The City of Evanston is now accepting applications for the position of police officer with the Evanston Police Department. Please read these application requirements carefully, paying particular attention to deadlines and required documents.
Base Salary Range: $69,689 – $102,726
Deadline: 7/18/2022 4:00 PM
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident;
- No felony or misdemeanor convictions in accordance with 50 ILCS 705/6.1;
- Valid State issued driver’s license and a safe driving record;
- Must be between 21 and 35 years of age at the time of employment, unless exempt by State statute (no age limitation with previous employment as full-time police officer or not older than 45 years of age with eligible prior active duty military service);
- High school diploma or GED equivalent -AND- completion of 60 college credit hours;
- Must possess a valid P.O.W.E.R. Test card issued within the past 12 months of the announced test date (August 4, 2022). Only
- P.O.W.E.R. Test cards issued by NIPSTA, Joliet Junior College, or Triton College or equivalent will be accepted;
- Valid Firearm Owner Identification card or the ability to obtain one.
- Resident of Evanston, Illinois at the time of application;
- One or more years of active duty service and honorable discharge from the US Armed Forces;
- Current employment as a full-time sworn law enforcement officer and having passed current agency’s probationary period (lateral salary is $80,493-$83,564 based on experience);
- Certification as a full-time sworn law enforcement officer from the Illinois Law Enforcement Training Standards Board or reciprocal State training board.