The Keene Police Department is currently accepting applications from certified police officers looking for a new opportunity, as well as aspiring candidates with a strong interest in exploring a career in law enforcement.
If you’re already a certified officer, with the Keene Police Department’s Hiring Incentive Program you will earn a competitive base salary range of $60,861- $73,923 annualized.
If you’re interested in a career in law enforcement, but you’re not yet certified, upon hire you will earn a competitive starting pay rate of $25.43 per hour, which adjusts to $26.57 with a successful interim evaluation after 6 months of employment. Your pay rate adjusts to the officer rate ($29.26) once your certification and probationary period are complete, after one year.
The qualifications: All applicants for the Keene Police Department must:
• Be United States citizens
• Be high school graduates, or possess a GED certificate
• Be at least 21 years of age at the time of appointment
• College education and/or military experience are highly desirable.
• Additionally, you must meet the basic hiring criteria and pass the candidate review process.