Salary: $18.31 per hour.
Open Until Filled
- Traffic enforcement and control, criminal investigations, enforcement of all City ordinances, and any additional duties assigned by the Chief of Police.
- Deter crimes and assure community through high-visibility policing.
- Patrol assigned areas and monitor activities to protect people/property.
- Investigate crimes and apprehend suspected law violators.
- Observe and respond to various situations or emergencies.
- Follow rules, guidelines, policies and protocols.
- Gather evidence and ensure successful prosecutions.
- Produce internal reports and provide feedback on case status.
- Deal with case paperwork and administrative procedures.
- Foster good public relationships and liaise with community groups or individuals.
- Coordinate operations with other emergency services.
- Attend and provide evidence and testimony in court.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Chief of Police.
- Applicants must be 21 years of age or older and be a resident of the State of Mississippi.
- A High School Diploma or GED notarized by issuing institution or school board is required.
- Correspondence or mail-order high school diplomas are not accepted.
- Advanced academic education completion from an accredited institution in related areas such as criminal justice is recommended, but not required.
- It would be advantageous for individuals considered to possess average to above average computer skills, to include the use of Microsoft Office Suite and the use of email, and law enforcement software.
- A Minimum of three years’ experience in policing with progressive responsibilities is desired.
- An awareness of federal and state laws and knowledge of court and law enforcement operations is desired.
- Candidates must have the capability to interact with other City employees and individuals in a professional and cordial manner, as the situation warrants.
- Applicant must be capable of being bonded.