RESPONSIBILITIES: The employee occupying this position is responsible for enforcing all City, State and Federal laws within the jurisdiction of the City and Borough of Sitka. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to: conducting patrol duties; apprehending suspects and taking statements; responding to emergencies; directing traffic; investigating crimes; preparing documents.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: High School Diploma or GED, must be 21 years of age at time of application, a United States citizen, able to pass a background check, in possession of a valid driver’s license, and within the one year before the date of hire, has not used marijuana. Must meet all the requirements of the Alaska Police Standards Council for certification.
• Up to $5,000 Signing Bonus
• Up to $5,000 Moving Allowance
• State of Alaska Public Employee Retirement System (PERS)
• State of Alaska Supplemental Benefit System (SBS)
• Accrued Paid Time Off
• Union Representation
• Premera Blue Cross Blue Shield Alaska (Premium for employee and family paid by SPD)
• 11 Paid Holidays
• Uniforms and Equipment Provided