The Virginia Port Authority is seeking Police Officers to perform a variety of law enforcement duties such as responding to calls for service, enforcing traffic and criminal laws; and conducting high visibility patrols on our marine terminals.
- Perform security patrols of designated areas on foot or in vehicle.
- Watch for irregular or unusual conditions that may create security concerns or safety hazards.
- Warn violators of rule infractions.
- Investigate and prepare reports on accidents, incidents, and suspicious activities.
- Provide assistance to customers, employees and visitors in a courteous and professional manner.
- Highschool graduate or equivalent.
- Must be 21 years old.
- Applicant must be a Commonwealth of VA certified police officer or successfully complete all requirements of a 17-week basic training course at the Hampton Roads Regional Academy.
- Must pass a pre-employment physical & drug screening.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.