Salary range: $61,200.00 Annually to $83,575.56 Annually (Depending on Qualifications/Certifications).
Performs law enforcement and crime prevention work including patrol and investigation; enforces federal, state, and local laws; does related work as required. An employee in this class performs general law enforcement work. Work is normally performed under general supervision of a sergeant who assigns and reviews work for conformance to laws and departmental rules and regulations. Although supervision is not normally a responsibility of positions in this classification, employees may be requested to provide work guidance and/or training to new officers.
- Work harmoniously with the public, the department, City organizations, and other agencies, and effectively communicate with a diverse public.
- Interact with City staff and general public using courtesy, tact, and good judgment and handle irate and emotionally upset citizens.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Understand and appropriately act on verbal and written instructions.
- Work independently and perform appropriately and effectively in emergency situations.
- Make decisions quickly based on knowledge available.
- Prepare complete and accurate reports.
- Adapt to changing situations and priorities.
- Physically perform assigned work.
- Attend required training classes.
- Available to work varying shifts and/or irregular hours, if required.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Must be 21 year or older at the time of employment.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen within 18 month of hire date.
- Must be available to work all shifts, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Must be able to proficiently and effectively read, speak and write theEnglish language.
- Must possess or obtain a valid Oregon driver’s license.
- Must pass a thorough background investigation and interview that establishes strong moral character. Felony convictions and disqualifying criminal histories are not allowed.
- Must successfully complete psychological and medical evaluation prior to
- Must be able to obtain police officer certification from the Oregon Department of
Public Safety Standards and Training within 12 months of employment.