Salary Range: Minimum – $43,437. Maximum – $54,297.
Provides safety and security for staff, students and visitors. Performs law enforcement duties in controlling and analyzing crime scenes, establishing order at traffic accidents and identifying and enforcing parking violations.
- Proactive patrol of college properties to preserve law and order.
- Responds to public safety emergencies, complaints, or concerns, and administers proper procedures to ensure public safety.
- Conducts criminal investigations.
- Enforces parking and traffic regulations and controls and directs traffic.
- Inspects and maintains the physical security of college buildings and facilities.
- Provides public assistance needs such as; jump starting and unlocking vehicles, courtesy escorts, and promulgating special announcements.
- Prepares applicable crime and incident reports for an assigned shift.
- Responds to and conducts traffic accident investigations.
- Participates in community service activities.
- Performs law enforcement duties required to serve the public and maintain public safety.
- Completes all work assignment in a timely manner or by due dates.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Current TCOLE mandated required training.
- Basic peace officer certification with at least two years of full time law enforcement experience.
- Associate’s degree in a related field of criminal justice.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Valid peace officer’s license.
- Basic peace officer certification.
- Current on TCOLE training units.