Law Enforcement – Protects lives and property through the utilization of modern law enforcement techniques and procedures to better provide a safe and orderly educational environment.
(Contingent upon available funding): 21.22 – 28.49, Hourly
1. Crime Prevention/Safety Enhancement - Engaged in a proactive, rather than a reactive, mode of public safety responsibilities in an effort to prevent crimes or hazardous activities from being committed, and takes actions to reduce the risks of accidents on campus by monitoring potential problems.
2. Public Service/Public Relations - Provides a public service by assisting faculty, staff, students, and visitors in their multitude of daily activities on the university campus.
3. Maintains Educational Environment - Provides a regulatory function through the enforcement of university rules and regulations, in addition to state criminal and traffic laws.
Before hire, the applicant will be required to have:
1. Legally met all state and federal employment requirements
2. Valid Oklahoma driver's license
3. Ability to pass a battery of mental and physical tests
4. Complete background investigation packet from the OSU Police/Public Safety Department
5. Successfully pass extensive background investigation
6. Successfully pass polygraph examination
- Bachelor's Degree
- Previous police and military experience
- Police Academy Graduate