Salary: $50,121.30 Annually.
- Responds to dispatched calls.
- Patrols assigned areas of responsibility to deter crime and discover violations; conducts security checks of businesses and buildings.
- Prepares reports on incidents and arrests.
- Enforces traffic laws; investigates traffic accidents; writes citations.
- Enforces all applicable laws.
- Renders aid to persons in need.
- Protects crime scenes; identifies evidence and witnesses; gathers evidence.
- Performs arrests.
- Transports suspects, witnesses, and victims.
- Maintains crowd control.
- Attends court as necessary; attends community meetings.
- Performs specialized duties specific to assigned unit which may include various training, community relations, conditional discharge, desk services, crime prevention, or patrol functions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of specialized training in the occupational field, in addition to basic skills typically associated with a high school education.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
- Ability to meet current requirements set forth in the Georgia Mandate Law Enforcement Training Act/Peace Officer’s Standards and Training Act.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.