Open until filled
The security department enforces the provision of Section 21.483 of the Texas Education Code, the Texas Penal Code, and the rules and regulations promulgated by the MISD School Board for the safety and welfare of students, employees, and property.
- Patrolling MISD property in a manner prescribed by the Chief of Police.
- Remains on call as a duty officer to respond to alarms as required.
- Responds to all alarms or requests for assistance as required.
- Prepares and submits written reports of activities, incidents, and other security/safety violations or problems.
- Applies MISD security policies and procedures to situations involving acts of crime, alarm activations, and emergency situations.
- Works cooperatively with other law enforcement agencies.
- Inspects MISD property for compliance with security and safety requirements, makes recommendations to building administrators for improvements.
- Assists in conducting investigations and in providing written reports of incidents.
- Works days, nights, weekends, and/or holidays as duties are scheduled.
- Works closely with students, teachers, and staff to gain support for the MISD security and safety program.
- Peace Officer Certificate in Texas (TCLEOSE).
- High School Diploma or GED.
- U.S. Citizen.
- Be familiar with MISD operations.
- Training or experience in law enforcement and/or security profession.
- Knowledge and experience of electronic intrusion detection systems.
- Officer must reside within Midland or surrounding counties.
- Maintain a home phone.
- Use and maintain a personal vehicle.
- Be able to work a flexible schedule.
- Remain “on call” when scheduled and requested.
- Have a valid Texas driver’s license.
- Not be on probation for any offense above the grade of Class C misdemeanor.
- Not have been convicted of a Class A misdemeanor offense within the last 12 months or a Class B within the last 6 months.
- Not convicted of a SWI or DUI within the last 24 months.
- Never convicted of a felony.
- Subjected to a thorough background investigation.
- Examination by a licensed physician and psychologist, psychiatrist, or other registered professional and declared in good physical and mental health for appointment.
- Never discharged from any military service under less than honorable conditionsOther duties as assigned by the supervisor.