- Police Officers patrol college grounds, areas, streets, and college buildings as required.
- Patrolling efforts are determined by policy and the department supervisor which may include patrolling by foot and vehicle.
- Patrols are designed to maintain safety, deter and prevent crime, uphold the state and local law, and enforce state traffic statutes.
- Officers routinely interact with Butler Community College (BCC) community members and other citizens within the jurisdiction of the BCCPD in an appropriate manner to further efforts to fortify public safety, prevent crime, and ensure compliance with BCC policies and regulations and the State of Kansas.
- Officers complete and create reports related to but not limited to reported incidents, vehicle accidents, and other reported activities.
- Must be 21 years of age at time of employment.
- Must possess a valid Kansas driver’s license.
- Able to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Able to run up and down stairs; Able to jump over small elevated obstacles.
- Able to communicate effectively with others.
- Must be able to follow written and oral instructions.
- Able to understand general radio operations and possess basic Microsoft Office skills.
- Demonstrates basic computer skills, able to send/receive e-mail, and prepare documents.
- Must complete the Kansas Law Enforcement Training Center (KLETC) Academy within one year of employment.
- A basic law enforcement training program recognized by the Kansas Certified Peace Officer Standards and Training (CPOST) commission is accepted upon employment.
- Obtaining a recertification from a lapsed or previous Kansas law enforcement certification from the CPOST prior to employment of is also accepted.
- High School graduate, or equivalent, required; 2 years of college preferred.