Salary range: $42,235.22.
- Police officers patrol a designated area of the City to prevent and discover crime.
- Enforce traffic laws, direct traffic, take charge at traffic accidents, assist motorists, pedestrians and the injured in accidents.
- Respond to emergency calls regarding domestic violence and make arrests as necessary.
- Investigate buildings as assigned in order to determine if and when a break-in has occurred.
- Prepare and submit reports regarding complaints pertaining to larceny, stolen property, shoplifting, assault and battery, robbery, etc.
- Investigate reports of suspicious people and vehicles as assigned.
- Serve arrest and bench warrants to the public as necessary.
- Testify in court regarding traffic and criminal cases.
- Perform all other duties as may be assigned to meet organizational needs.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- A valid SC drivers license.
- You must be at least 21 years of age.
- Be a United States citizen.
- Able to obtain required certification from the SC Criminal Justice Academy.
- Be free of drug use and have no felony convictions.