Salary: $26.44 per hour with no experience.
The general purpose of the Police Officer position is to affirmatively promote a feeling of community safety and security through the safe, efficient, effective and lawful performance of law enforcement duties and functions. We are currently accepting applications for Certified Police Officers and uncertified Police Officers.
- Daily routines require taking calls for service,
- Patrolling to deter and detect crime,
- Investigating crimes and complaints,
- Citing and arresting law violators,
- Preparing and following up on reports and cases,
- Protecting persons and property, and securing and protecting prisoners.
- When not responding to calls for service, the police officer is expected to use unassigned work time in an efficient manner by self-initiating work on those tasks identified by supervisory personnel as priorities for this job position.
- High School diploma or the equivalent.
- Must be 21 years of age by the date of employment.
- US Citizen.
- Valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record.