Salary: $32.11 – $41.75 Hourly.
The City of Owatonna is a growing community strategically placed at the crossroads of I-35 and two major US highways, approximately one hour south of the Twin Cities metro area. The community has a commitment to growth, access to services, and quality of life for its 25,000 residents.
- Patrols an assigned area to enforce local, State, and Federal laws; investigates crimes; collects evidence; interviews witnesses and suspects; enforces vehicle and traffic laws; and apprehends criminals and offenders.
- Writes and submits reports related to day-to-day activities utilizing established procedures and guidelines; prepares information, offense, suspect illness and injury, accident, supplement, and administrative reports.
- Responds to routine and complex emergency situations. Answers and responds to radio or telephone dispatches.
- Assists individuals with disabled vehicles and vehicle lockouts and assists distressed motorists.
- Communicates with the general public and employees while patrolling City streets in an effort to proactively preserve law and order and achieve positive public relations.
- Assists in conducting at-scene accident and criminal investigations and related follow-up.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
- Peace Officers Standards and Training License.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Associate’s degree or two-year technical certificate in Law Enforcement or related field; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.