Salary: $52,054.13 per year.
Performs general law enforcement duties contributing to the prevention, suppression and detection of crime. Protect citizen’s rights, welfare and property. Enforce ordinances and laws within the City of Watertown. Work with other law enforcement agencies and city departments.
- Perform preventative patrol and police assigned areas on foot, in squad cars or other police vehicles.
- Utilize communication equipment to report in, call for assistance; receive calls in both emergency and non-emergency situations, etc.
- Conduct investigations of various incidents to include domestic disputes, crimes against persons or property, missing persons, or other investigations as assigned.
- Render first aid.
- Serve official notices and summons, warrants, and body attachments upon individuals issued by the court or other competent authority and make arrests.
- Appear as a witness and give testimony at hearings and court trials when associated to the official duties of police officer on behalf of the City of Watertown.
- Perform other general duties for the purpose of law enforcement e.g., writing and filing of reports, ticketing for violations, directing traffic, crowd control, completion of related paperwork, etc.
- Complete checks of incarcerated persons within the department’s holding facility and perform other related assignments as prescribed.
- Operate and maintain police vehicles and other department equipment, supplies and facilities.
- May assist other department personnel as directed with investigations, interrogations, apprehensions in unusual or emergency situations.
- Proactively police the community and assist city officials in the performance of police operating activities.
- May serve as acting supervisor or Officer in Charge in the absence of a sergeant or when so assigned.
- May perform other job related duties as required.
- Conduct searches and seizures within the parameters of law.
- Use force when necessary and legally justified.
- U. S. Citizen, 21 years of age, valid driver’s license.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- 60 college-level credits from an accredited educational institution, or further (Associate’s Degree, Bachelor’s Degree, etc.).
- Residency requirement: w/in 25 miles of the department w/in 12 months of hire date