Open Until Filled
This position is responsible for the protection of life and property and the enforcement of state laws and city ordinances including detection and apprehension of suspected violators. This work involves an element of personal danger and frequent contact with the public under emergency and non-emergency conditions. This officer may be assigned to various types of duty and shift hours in accordance with department needs. The officer is assigned to a superior officer who they will receive work instructions and assignments from. The officer is required to maintain several certificates as required by F.D.L.E. and department needs including Human Diversity, firearms, and C. P. R. training.
- Be US citizens, by birth or naturalization.
- Be at least 19 years old.
- Possess a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Pass a background investigation.
- Not have any felony convictions nor disqualifying misdemeanors.
- Possess a valid Florida driver’s license.
- Must have documentation of processed fingerprints on file with the employing agency.
- Must pass a physical examination by a licensed physician, physician assistant, or certified advanced registered nurse practitioner Must pass the vision, medical, psychological, and fitness evaluations and a polygraph test).
- Must have good moral character as determined by a background investigation under procedures established by the Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission.
- Have an Honorable Discharge (if a military veteran) from the Armed Forces of the United States.