Salary: $33, 994.
Open until filled
The City of Abbeville is seeking applications for a Police Officer in the Abbeville Police Department. This position reports to the Police Chief.
- Patrols designated areas of the City.
- Responds to emergency calls such as burglaries, assaults, etc.
- Apprehends, arrests, and detains criminal suspects when necessary.
- Records information on events that took place during the tour of duty.
- Investigates complaints.
- Serves warrants, summonses, subpoenas, and other official papers.
- Performs crime prevention activities.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- 1-2 years of law enforcement experience.
- The candidate must also possess a valid SC driver’s license.
- Must pass a thorough background investigation, pre-employment drug screen and physical examination.