Salary: Starting $46,000.
Open Until Filled
- Reports to a Patrol Sergeant.
- Respond to all calls assigned by dispatch.
- Document and complete all necessary and appropriate reports as required by the Texas Criminal and Traffic Law Manual, and policies and procedures.
- Investigate traffic accidents.
- Assist Animal Control when necessary and when called upon.
- Assist surrounding agencies when necessary and when called upon.
- Maintain and clean assigned patrol vehicles and workspaces.
- Handle the preliminary investigation, and preliminary documentation, of calls for police services, crime prevention, duties that by their nature require the actions of a Police Officer, and any and all assignments that may be given by a commanding Officer.
- Conduct traffic enforcement in compliance with Department policy and procedure, and in accordance with the Texas Transportation Code.
- United States citizen
- Must be licensed by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE).
- Intermediate Peace Officer License preferred but not required.
- High school diploma (or equivalent) (Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required).
- Must pass a thorough background investigation, including physical exam, psychological evaluation, and drug screening.
- Must have and maintain a clear and valid Texas Class C or higher driver’s license.
- Not be currently charged, or under investigation, with any criminal offense for which a conviction would be a bar to licensure.
- Must be able to multitask and be capable of going from one task to the other efficiently.
- Have good communication skills and be personable.
- If prior military, hold no less than an honorable discharge.
- Employee must be available for call back to duty should their assistance be necessary.