Summary: The Novi Police Department is a CALEA nationally-accredited, municipal law enforcement agency, proudly representing the top 4% of all law enforcement agencies in the United States. We are seeking a proactive, career oriented Police Officer to work in a community oriented problem-solving environment.
Communicate verbally and effectively by listening to people and by giving information, directions, and commands.
Enter and exit vehicles quickly to perform rescue operations, pursue a suspect, or answer an emergency call.
Gather information in criminal investigations by interviewing and obtaining the statements of victims, witnesses, suspects, and confidential informants.
See job description for further details
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree is required. Must have taken and passed the MCOLES written and physical agility tests, and have the ability to become MCOLES certified is preferred. You must schedule and complete a profile and examination for this position at https://www.empco.net/testing/ and follow the listed instructions. There is a fee to take the examination but results of this one test will be accepted by all participating police departments in Michigan. The EMPCO test must be completed with a score of 70% or higher.
Salary: $60,739.22 with a comprehensive fringe benefit package. With top out pay of $90,627.26 at four years
Snapshot of our Benefits:
- Generous paid time off program.
- 24/7 access to on-site fitness facility.
- Robust Employee Wellness & Engagement program. Past events have included Beautification Day, Mental
- Health Awareness Seminars, Cooking Well Series, Flu Shot Clinics, Heart & Vascular Screenings.
- Wellness Reimbursement Program – Including gym membership reimbursement and mental health app reimbursement.
- Cafeteria Health Insurance Plan.
- Dental insurance provided by the City of Novi.
- Life insurance provided by the City of Novi.
- Hybrid defined benefit/defined contribution retirement plan & retiree health savings account with employer contribution.
- Optional Roth IRA & 457 retirement plans.
- Various personal and professional growth training resources.
- Tuition reimbursement program and Public Service Loan Forgiveness eligibility.
To Apply: Apply promptly by completing an online application though cityofnovi.org. Proof of MCOLES physical agility/written test scores as well as EMPCO test results of 70% or higher must be submitted upon applying. City of Novi is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For questions, call Human Resources at (248) 347-0452 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Open until Filled