The Police Officer performs service in compliance with governing laws and codes.
Candidates that successfully pass a review of their application will be invited by email to participate in first round interviews tentative set for Monday, March 25, 2019. Those candidates that move on from first interviews will partake in second interviews tentatively set for Wednesday, April 10, 2019.
$62,824.60 – $86,196.90 Annually
2/24/2019 11:59 PM Central
Performs police services.
• Enforces laws and City codes, and provides for public safety, through observation, investigation, reporting and/or taking corrective action;
• Conducts interviews, interrogations, negotiations and related investigative functions;
• Interacts with residents, other police departments, and the general public in person or via telephone or email to answer questions and provide information;
• Preserves the peace through conflict intervention and crowd control;
• Provides direction and control in disasters, major emergencies, and riots;
• Drafts and prepares reports;
• Testifies in court, as necessary;
• Provides public services such as emergency medical assistance, assistance at fire scenes, traffic control, missing persons, found property, stranded motorist, and information to the public;
• Directed and general patrols in high crime areas;
• Test equipment to ensure it is safe, operable and maintained.
Communicates courteously and professionally and maintains working relationships with others in carrying out job functions.
• Represents the City to the community, other agencies and jurisdictions.
• Communicates with others relating to work assignments and progress of work or to convey information about conditions or work related needs;
• Communications include responsibility for maintaining relationships that are key to the function.