$73,440.00 – $98,388.00 Annually
City of Irving is currently accepting registration for the next Police Officer entrance examination. Registrants will be notified when the examination date has been set. The notification will inform of further action to be taken in order to reserve a test. Please remember to set your spam blocker to allow mail from email@example.com.
- U.S. citizen.
- At least 21 years of age at time of hire.
- Vision correctable to 20/20.
- Good hearing in both ears.
- Must have an Associate’s degree or equivalent (60 hrs) with a 2.0 GPA or higher on a 4.0 scale; although exceptions apply with qualifying military or peace officer experience. Specifically,
- if you have completed three or more years of active military service within the previous 18 months, you must have a high school diploma or GED
- if you completed three or more years of active military service and your separation was over 18 months ago, but less than 36 months prior to application, you must have 30 or more college hours with a 2.0 GPA or higher on a 4.0 scale
- if you are employed as a full-time peace officer and have been for three or more years immediately preceding application, you must have a high school diploma or GED
- If you’ve served in the military, must have been discharged under conditions not less than honorable.
- You need to have a good driving record. Must have no more than two hazardous violations or accidents in the last 18 eighteen months and no more than four in a 36 month period.
- Must not have any felony conviction or any other criminal conviction above the grade of a Class B misdemeanor, or any Class B misdemeanor within the past 10 years; other convictions may also be considered.