Under general supervision, provides responsive and courteous police services in the protection of life and property through the enforcement of laws and ordinances, generally consisting of routine patrol, interventions, assistance, investigations and traffic regulation duties.
**Now accepting apps for TCOLE certified or a current peace officer in another state with the ability to successfully challenge and pass the TCOLE exam. **
***Police Officer 10 step pay plan with top officer step pay of $38.59 per hour, $80,267.20 annual***
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Preserves the peace of the community through mediation, investigation, intervention, assistance, documentation, and arrest; utilizes all lawful means to improve the quality of life by reducing the fear and incidence of crime, recognizing and resolving problems, and meeting the public safety needs of the Citizens of Corinth.
- Patrols the City to respond to citizens’ requests for assistance, enforce traffic regulations, detect crime, apprehend violators, and assure public safety.
- Patrols and provides security for assigned areas, looking for unusual or suspicious activities or persons; responds to emergency and non-emergency calls for service; interrogates and communicates with victims, witnesses and suspects in cases; provides scene security and protection for Fire and Medical personnel.
- Enforces local, state and Federal laws, and enforces compliance with local regulations and ordinances, according to Department policies, procedures and regulations.
- Investigates crimes and accidents; secures and processes crime and accident scenes, and identifies and collects evidence within scope of authority.
- Arrests law violators; transports and processes suspects, victims and prisoners.
- Completes detailed reports and required paperwork.
Applicant must be
- at least 21 years of age
- citizen of the United States
- have at minimum a high school diploma
- have been honorably discharged from any military service or be able to provide proof of acceptable military re-enlistment eligibility if prior service is uncharacterized
- posses a valid motor vehicle operator’s license