Hourly Rate or Salary Range $22.00/hr (equivalent to $42,900/year + overtime)
Close Date 01/01/2024
Job Summary/Basic Function
Enforces University, city, state, and federal laws. Protects life, property and prevents crime. Assists in crime investigations; preserves, collects, and processes evidence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Patrols assigned post, investigates reported incidents, and performs arrests according to violations of city, county, state, and federal laws; processes arrested suspects including taking photographs and inked fingerprint impressions.
- Prepares investigative accident and condition reports including sketches and mathematical computations; gathers information for criminal investigations including interviewing, obtaining statements, and collecting evidence.
- Directs vehicle and pedestrian traffic; enforces parking and traffic rules and regulations.
- Provides crowd and traffic control during sporting events, concerts and other special events.
- Responds to emergency situations and assists local police agencies as necessary.
- Provides information and directions; mediates disputes and advises of rights and processes.
- Performs rescue functions at accidents, emergencies and disasters including directing traffic, administering emergency medical aid, extinguishing small fires; moves, secures and evacuates people from dangerous situations.
- Performs security and safety checks of University grounds and facilities; secures and provides authorized access to University facilities during and after hours of operation.
Required Relevant Education & Experience
Education: High School diploma or GED; Experience: None;High School diploma and one-year college course work in criminal justice or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Field(s) of Study
High School diploma and one-year college course work in criminal justice or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred Relevant Education and Experience
Education: Bachelor’s Degree (4 years)