The Virginia Port Authority (VPA) is a political subdivision of the Commonwealth of Virginia. The VPA owns and through its private operating subsidiary, Virginia International Terminals, LLC (VIT), operates four general cargo facilities Norfolk International Terminals, Portsmouth Marine Terminal, Newport News Marine Terminal and the Virginia Inland Port in Warren County. The VPA leases Virginia International Gateway and the Port of Richmond. In fiscal 2013, The Port of Virginia provided more than 374,000 jobs and generated $60.3 billion in total economic impact throughout the Commonwealth.
The Virginia Port Authority is seeking Police Officers to perform a variety of law enforcement duties such as responding to calls for service, enforcing traffic and criminal laws; and conducting high visibility patrols on our marine terminals.
- Perform security patrols of designated areas on foot or in vehicle
- Watch for irregular or unusual conditions that may create security concerns or safety hazards
- Warn violators of rule infractions
- Investigate and prepare reports on accidents, incidents, and suspicious activities
- Provide assistance to customers, employees and visitors in a courteous and professional manner
- Highschool graduate or equivalent
- Must be 21 years old
- Applicant must be a Commonwealth of VA certified police officer or successfully complete all requirements of a 17-week basic training course at the Hampton Roads Regional Academy
- Must pass a pre-employment physical & drug screening
- Must possess a valid driver’s license