Enforces the laws and ordinances of the city and all other pertinent laws.
Closes: March 1, 2019
• Patrols assigned areas during a specific period on foot or in motorized police equipment.
• Checks doors and window and examines premises or unoccupied buildings or residences in order to detect any suspicious conditions.
• Investigates suspicious conditions and complaints and make arrest or persons who violate laws and ordinances.
• Accompanies prisoners to headquarters, jail or court and appears in court as arresting officer.
• Direct traffic and either arrests or gives violation tickets to those who break traffic laws.
• Checks automobiles parking in restricted areas as directed, give all possible assistance and prepare necessary reports.
• Maintains order in crowds and attends parades, funeral or other public gatherings.
• Observes for stolen cars and wanted or missing persons.
• Makes investigation and enforces city and state laws pertaining to juvenile offenders.
• Serves warrants, gives advice on laws, ordinances and general information to the public.
• Acts for police Master Police Officer or Sergeant in his absence as directed.
• Maintains records, prepares reports and performs related clerical duties.
• Perform related duties as required.
Must possess one of the following:
Minimum education level is that of a Bachelor’s Degree, OR an Associate’s Degree PLUS at least 2 years full-time Sworn Law Enforcement or Active Duty Military Experience, OR High School Diploma/GED PLUS at least 4 years full-time Sworn Law Enforcement or Active Duty Military Experience.
Must possess a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel or similar software. Must possess a valid South Carolina driver’s license at the time of hire. Must successfully complete SCCJA.