Under the supervision of the police sergeant, the police officer’s main function is to prevent and suppresses criminal activity and to ensure a safe and secure learning environment on campus. In addition, the police officer enforces governmental laws and regulations as well as university policies and procedures; perform police, traffic, crime prevention, and other duties. The police officer is responsible to safeguard all university assets, enforce traffic and parking regulations, investigates vehicle accidents and enforces Federal, state, and local laws as well as university regulations and policies.
1. Assist as panel a member during interview boards.
2. Assists the university community and visitors by providing general information.
3. Conduct courtesy services such but not limited to battery jump-starts, opening locked vehicles, and airing tires.
4. Conduct parameter patrol on Our Lady of the Lake Convent, McCullough and Regen Hall.
5. Enforces federal, state, and local laws and ordinances and University regulations and policies.
6. Investigates traffic accidents and criminal offenses and prepares investigation and special reports.
7. Makes arrests and appear in court as direct
8. Monitors and provides traffic and parking enforcement
9. Monitors external grounds lighting and generates work orders for light replacement when needed.
10. Opens and closes buildings, turns light on and off as needed.
Education and Experience:
1. High School graduate or GED required.
2. Honorable discharge from military service (DD-2140) if applicable.
3. Must have a Basic TCOLE peace officer’s license.
4. One year of experience required as a certified peace officer, preferably in a college/university environment.
5. Valid Texas driver’s license with good driving record required.