Starting Wage: $60,100 – $70,000 depending on experience.
The duties include but are not limited to patrol, criminal investigations, traffic enforcement & related law enforcement activities. Police Officers work in partnership with the community to identify & resolve issues, provide public safety to the community, & to maintain peace, safety & order. Police Officers must exercise considerable judgment, initiative, & skills in a variety of situations & must be able to act without direct supervision in completing work. See our job announcement flyer for more information about our town!
- US Citizen
- 21 years old or over
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Colorado driver’s license by date of hire
- Colorado POST certification by date of hire
- Experience preferred but not necessary
- Not to be charged or convicted of the following:
- A felony
- Any crime of violence, specifically assaults, domestic violence etc.
- A misdemeanor crime that would affect ability to certify with the Colorado Peace Officer Standards & Training (POST) board
- Written exam
- Oral Board
- Physical Assessment
- Integrity Interview
- Background Check
- Psychological Examination
- Physical Examination
- Pre-Employment Drug Screen