The City of Moscow Police Department is seeking qualified entry and lateral candidates for the position of police officer to serve the community. Qualified applicants must be 21 years old, have a high school diploma or equivalent and able to pass the Idaho POST physical agility standard. Candidates must embrace the concept of community policing and perform a variety of specialized duties as assigned.
Successful candidates will undergo an extensive background investigation that includes psychological, polygraph, and medical examinations.
The City of Moscow offers more than a career, we also support employees and their families with many additional benefits and resources.
- 100% Employee and 50% Dependent Coverage – $9370+ per year.
- Health Savings Account options $350 to $2500.
- Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Reimbursement
- Free to City Employees – Basic Life Insurance – $350 per year.
- One times annual salary up to $150,000
- Full Pension at Retirement through PERSI Retirement.
- Twelve paid holidays per year.
- One day of vacation accrued per month, increases with years of service.
- One day of sick leave accrued per month.
- Parental Leave Policy – four weeks of leave at full pay status.
- Sick Leave Bank – additional sick leave days to avoid loss of compensation and to remain in pay status due to a significant or catastrophic illness or injury.
- Employee Assistance Program – Up to eight counseling sessions per issue for family concerns, substance abuse, crisis support, will preparation, and financial services.
- Voluntary Benefits – Additional benefits available to all employees:
- Supplemental Life
- Long-Term Disability
- Critical Illness
- Hospital Confinement Indemnity
- Public Loan Forgiveness Program.
- Forgives the remaining balance on your Direct Loans after you have made 120 qualifying monthly payments
- Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Veteran Preference.