Salary: $33,300 – $41,600
Open Until Filled
Actively patrol campus and enforce Georgia Law and University policies, procedures to support and promote a safe campus. This position has been identified by Federal Law (Jeanne Clery Act) as a Campus Security Authority (CSA), with significant student and campus responsibilities. CSA’s are obligated to report crimes reported to them which occurred on campus, in public areas bordering campus and in certain non-campus buildings owned or controlled (leased) by the University.
- Appear in court as needed.
- Direct traffic and assist stranded motorists by providing unlocks and/or jumpstarts.
- Assist other area law enforcement agencies as needed and requested.
- Work special events including sporting events, social events, parades, and large gatherings.
- Follow departmental safety and risk management policies in performance of work.
- Maintain, repair and clean tools, equipment and work areas.
- Patrol campus acting as a deterrent to criminal activity.
- Respond to calls for service and assist as needed.
- Investigate accidents, crimes and other complaints.
- Issue parking citations.
- Arrest, process, and transport, suspects accused of violating Georgia law.
- Appear and testify in campus judicial and Court hearings.
- Perform security checks on campus buildings, parking lots, and residence halls to ensure all buildings are safe and secure.
- Complete reports and maintain departmental records.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to obtain P.O.S.T. certification in Georgia as a basic law enforcement officer.
- Georgia P.O.S.T (Peace Officer Standards and Training) Certified as a basic law enforcement (police) Peace Officer or ability to obtain certification in six months after employment.