Salary Range: Officer $56,871 – $76,776 Annual Salary – Based on Qualifications
Officer/MPO $62,558 – $84,453 Annual Salary – Based on Qualifications
Nature of Work:
Provides law enforcement and public safety services to the community, to include enforcement of criminal statutes and ordinances, making arrests as required, traffic enforcement, crime prevention, patrol activity, accident investigation, resolution of domestic and other disturbances, prosecution support, and non-criminal public safety services. An individual holding the position of police officer shall be responsible for the efficient performance of required duties in conformance with the Department rules, regulations and policies. Entry-level officers shall generally be assigned as uniformed Patrol officers. A police officer is expected to perform duties with a high degree of independence and proper judgment.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Completion of college, military duty, or relevant work experience are desirable but not required.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and a U.S. citizen.
- No felony convictions. Felony arrests and misdemeanor convictions will be subject to review if involving drug/alcohol violations, assault/battery violations, or any crime involving moral turpitude violations.
- Successful completion of basic law enforcement training academy as required by State statute and certified by Kansas Law Enforcement Training Center as a police officer.
- Successful completion of the Police Department’s Field Officers Training Program.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license.