The City of Lenexa police department is currently accepting applications for Police officers and lateral transfers to join our team!
We are an agency with an excellent reputation that is identified as a nationwide leader in the law enforcement community. Our work culture emphasizes training and ability for all officers to work independently and solve problems. You will have access to state-of-the-art equipment and technological resources and can work in a community that is exceptionally supportive of the police department.
We strongly believe in providing excellent opportunities for both professional and personal development for our employees in pursuit of their career goals.
Police Officer Experience and Education
You must meet the minimum qualifications to be considered for the position:
- U.S. Citizen
- 21 years of age by date of employment.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record.
- Kansas residency not required
Desired qualifications: Prior law enforcement experience, college courses in criminal justice, and/or military experience.
Police Officer hiring range
- $57,700 to $75,286 annually dependent on qualifications and any prior law enforcement experience and/or military service.
Master Police Officer salary range
- Top-out rate of pay is $88,072 annually after 10 years of completed service.
Lateral Police officer salary range
- Lateral transfer police officers can receive all or partial credit for their previous years of service. The pay rate will be established based on comparable wages with the Lenexa Police Officers of the same tenure.
The Lenexa Police Department accepts certified police officers from other cities, counties, and states through our lateral officer hire program. We define lateral officers as those who are currently certified as police officers in their jurisdiction. The certification must meet the training standards set forth by the Kansas Law Enforcement Training Center (KLETC). If accepted and hired, you will directly enter LPD’s Field Training Program and can forego a Kansas Police Academy. If certified through another state, may be required to attend a 2-week reciprocity academy.