Salary: $60,000.00 Annually.
The Police Officer is responsible for patrolling the City of Glenn Heights to prevent, investigate and detect criminal violations of federal, state, and local laws.
- Prevents crime and enforces laws.
- Operates patrol car to observe violations of traffic laws and prevent crimes or disturbances of the peace.
- Responds to radio dispatches, answers complaints, issues citations and prepares reports.
- Gathers information in criminal investigations; conducts investigative and other patrol functions.
- Works with citizens to identify problems, utilize resources available to eliminate problems and/or reduce the impact upon the community.
- Conducts visual and audio surveillance for extended periods; conducts arrests and performs searches of people, vehicles, buildings and large outdoor areas.
- Pursues fleeing suspects and performs rescue operations.
- Investigates crime scenes, takes photographs and obtains fingerprints.
- Arrests offenders and completes associated reports.
- Processes arrested suspects to include taking photographs and obtaining a legible set of inked fingerprints.
- Communicates with juveniles and adults by giving information and directions, mediating disputes and advising of rights and processes.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must have working knowledge of Federal, State and Local Laws.
- Must have a valid Class “C” Driver’s License prior to employment.
- Basic certification by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement must be obtained prior to employment.