Under the general supervision of the Police Captain, and day to day direction of the Police Sergeant, sworn Police Officers are primary representatives of California State University, Stanislaus and are expected to carry out the Department’s and community’s values, philosophies, principles, and strategies in furtherance of the mission of the Department and University.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- The proper execution of assigned duties.
- Respond to emergency calls.
- Enforce traffic and parking violations, and traffic control as needed.
- Complete general investigations.
- Prepare complete and accurate reports.
- Make arrests, serve warrants, and transport prisoners;
- Take necessary action within department policies and procedures to correct a situation.
- Take fingerprints and photographs.
Education: Possess a high school diploma or equivalent; successful completion of a P.O.S.T. certified training program, including obtaining a Basic Course Certificate.
Experience: Graduation from a POST Academy.
- Be at least 21 years of age at the time of appointment.
- Have no felony convictions.
- Ability to interact with the community.
- Ability to work independently and make sound judgments.
- Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of policing issues, philosophies, and practices within a University environment.
- Ability to use computer devices, software, programs, and other modern law enforcement technology.
- Thorough knowledge of investigative techniques.
- Ability to work rotating shifts and weekends.