Salary Range: $47,291 – $58,543.
The City of Beaufort Police Department is seeking to fill an open police officer position within the Department. Experienced certified police officers, civilian-military police officers, or former military police officers are preferred but not required. This police officer position performs patrol duties in assigned areas of the City, responds to calls for service, generates calls for service; enforces federal and state laws and city ordinances; performs traffic enforcement; conducts property checks, and participates in community-oriented policing activities.
• Must be 21 years of age.
• Must have a high school diploma or general education development (GED) equivalent.
• Must be a US Citizen.
• Must obtain a valid SC driver’s license before the date of the hire.
• Must have a clean criminal record (no felonies, serious misdemeanors, criminal domestic violence, or crimes of moral turpitude).
• Must have a clean driving history, with no convictions for driving under the influence, driving under suspension, or leaving the scene of an accident within the past ten years. Convictions for speeding must be minimal.
• Must have an Honorable Discharge if previously served in the military.
• If currently employed as a certified officer, the candidate must have a favorable work history with their department.
• Must have no prior history of illicit drug use, which conflicts with Department policy.
• Must be able to pass all phases of the hiring process.