$49,055 – $72,681 per year
Pay scale & grade
This position will serve as a Police Officer at the one of the following VA Medical Center in: Milwaukee, Tomah, Madison, WI or Iron Mountain, MI.
The Police Officer will perform a full range of police duties by following and executing rules, regulations, or procedures covering law and rules enforcement, physical and personal security operations, patrol duties, control desk duty, coordination with local courts, and/or crime prevention activities for the local jurisdiction.
- Protects the civil rights of all individuals on VA controlled property;
- Prevents, detect and investigate crimes;
- Patrols assigned areas on foot or by motor vehicle;
- Subdues persons causing disturbance or who threaten harm to themselves or others;
- Follows rules/procedures concerning search and seizure of evidence and contraband;
- Obtains search and arrest warrants;
- Arrests violators;
- Provides basic first aid and CPR prior to arrival of emergency medical personnel;
- Prepares report of activities and events that occurred during shift;
- Performs traffic control; and
- Assists citizens in emergency situations;
Conditions of Employment
- You must be a U.S. Citizen to apply for this job
- All applicants tentatively selected for VA employment in a testing designated position are subject to urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use prior to appointment. Applicants who refuse to be tested will be denied employment with VA.
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
- You may be required to serve a probationary period
- Subject to background/security investigation