Salary: $23.13 – $24.91/hour.
Performs police work by enforcing laws and ordinances including traffic laws. Activities include responding to calls for service, preventing, detecting and investigating crimes, proactive patrol and providing assistance to citizens requesting service and/or information.
- Patrols the City to identify crimes in progress, suspicious activity, and traffic violations.
- Answers calls for service such as reports of crime, accidents, disturbances, and non-crime related services.
- Prepares written reports of all crimes and accidents investigated.
- Enforces traffic laws and ordinances.
- Processes subjects arrested.
- Provides services to prisoners as required.
- Attends roll call, firearms training, Department meetings, and in-service training programs.
- Safely operates a motor vehicle in excess of posted speed limits in emergency situations, when necessary; including simultaneous operation of communication equipment and vehicle lights and sirens.
- Safely engages in the use of firearms in emergency situations to protect one’s self and the public.
- Safely engages in crowd control with the use of force, appropriate under the circumstances.
- Follow City-wide safety policy and practices and adheres to responsibilities concerning safety prevention, reporting and monitoring as outlined in the City’s Loss Control Handbook.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- At least twenty-one (21) years of age at the time of employment.
- High school diploma or GED or equivalent.
- Missouri Class A POST Certification; or be able to obtain at time of appointment.
- A valid Missouri driver’s license or be able to obtain before appointment.
- Non-certified may be considered on a case-by-case basis to establish future police academy eligibility list.
- One (1) to three (3) years law enforcement experience.
- Associates Degree in Criminal Justice or related field.