Industry: Protective Service
Occupational Category: Law Enforcement
We are continuously collecting applications for this position; as we receive viable applications the individuals will be invited into the hiring process
We require P.O.S.T. certification or the ability to become certified (graduation from a Police Academy or currently attending) or if you are currently employed as a Police Officer we consider lateral transfers into our Department.
Performs a range of duties related to the enforcement of Federal, State and local laws and ordinances, protection of life and property and public assistance.
The Police Officer class is signified by the training and developmental aspects of obtaining and refining skills in law enforcement practices and procedures and by proficiency in handling law enforcement and public assistance and protection.
- Patrols within the City on foot and in a police vehicle to enforce Federal, State and local laws and ordinances, to protect individuals and property; responds to complaints, crimes, disturbances, accidents and other related situations.
- Performs preliminary investigations; may obtain physical and other evidence and statements necessary for reporting facts and circumstances of incidents, in order to charge an individual with an offense, and for follow-up detailed investigations.Protects the crime scene.
- Appears in court to offer testimony; meets and confers with attorneys on legal questions; arrest of individuals as required.
- Prepares and maintains a variety of reports, records and logs necessary to report daily activities and specific incidents.
- Observes and controls vehicular traffic and enforces traffic laws; attends to traffic accident situations; establishes and maintains roadblocks as necessary.
- Interacts with the public in a variety of settings; e.g., provides counseling to families and individuals in disturbance situations, offers assistance to citizens and visitors including providing directions and calling for vehicular roadside assistance.
- Required to maintain the required level of physical fitness in order to perform duties.
- Performs related work as required and assigned.
- Ability to develop working knowledge of Federal, State and local statutes and ordinances.
- To develop working knowledge of proper law enforcement principles, procedures and practices.
- Eevelop working knowledge of first aid and medical procedures and practices.
- Develop working knowledge of the city and surrounding areas including streets, buildings, landmarks, alleys, roads, etc.
- Ability to develop skill in the use of law enforcement vehicles, firearms, related law enforcement equipment, and principles and practices of self-defense.
- Remain calm in stressful situations.
- Apply logical thinking in determining a proper course of action in a minimum amount of time.
- Follow written and verbal instructions.
- Perform a high level of sustained physical activity.
- Communicate clearly and concisely verbally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Must be at least 21 years of age; and
- Possess or be able to obtain a valid Class "R" Colorado driver's license and have a safe driving record.