Come explore the opportunities we have to offer and set yourself apart.
We are currently accepting applications and resumes for the full-time position of certified POST police officer. You will help guide our citizens, business owners, and patrons and show them they will always have a police department committed to being ethically and morally responsible.
• Must be 21 years of age
• U.S. Citizen
• Possess a high school diploma
• Accredited College/University degree is preferred
• Possession of valid Alabama driver’s license
• No felony or serious misdemeanor convictions
• Must be able to maintain authority to carry pistol or firearm used by police officers
• POST graduation number, overall academy score, and college grade average MUST be submitted.
• Satisfactorily complete written background packet followed by panel interview
• Ability to pass an extensive background investigation
• Successfully complete a polygraph examination
• If offered a conditional offer of employment, must pass a psychological assessment and preemployment drug screen.
• POST graduation number and overall academy scores, along with college/university grade point average MUST be submitted with application.