Salary: $31.06 Hourly
Are you interested in joining an honorable and noble profession? How would you like to make a positive difference in the lives of those who live, work, attend school or visit our community? If you answered yes, we encourage you to consider a career with our agency. The Deer Park Police Department is actively recruiting for the position of Police Cadet/Police Officer.
The bi-weekly salary for those selected to join our ranks ranges:
Cadets- $25.43 per hour, $2,034.40 bi-weekly
Lateral entry (TCOLE) licensed police officer– $27.19- $32.87 per hour, $2,175.20- $2,629.60 bi-weekly (Depending on qualifications)
Examples of Duties / Knowledge & Skills
- Provide the highest quality of police service in order to improve the quality of life for the Citizens of Deer Park, with the highest regard for these values. Accountable to the highest standards of professionalism and ethics. Develop relationships with the community and together identifying and resolving issues affecting public safety. Committed to hard work and purposeful activity. Dedicated to Professional Law Enforcement.
- The patrol officer is charged with keeping the peace and enforcing the law, while conducting themselves in a professional manner and the highest principles of police service. Patrol officers are sworn to safeguard the lives and property of all persons and act within their bounds of authority and the realm of legality.
- Patrol officers are assigned an Interactive Patrol Beat and are responsible for problem solving and pro-active policing of that geographic area. Patrol officers problem solve by developing meaningful information exchanges within the department and with neighborhood residents. Patrol officers are expected to create an action plan to address neighborhood needs and expectations by incorporating data sources, developing short-term and long-term strategies, and evaluating implementing them.
Minimum qualifications & Requirements
- United States Citizenship;
- At least 21 years of age at time of appointment;
- Bachelors Degree from a college accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools or other comparable regional accrediting agency as recognized by the American Association of Collegiate Registrar and Admission Officers or one of the following exceptions:
- 60 college hours and a minimum two years of military service with an honorable discharge.
- Texas police officers; 60 college hours, a current TCOLE license and at least two years of experience as a full-time certified peace officer from an agency comparable in size (or larger), complexity and duties as the Deer Park Police Department, or
- Out of state police officers; 60 college hours and a minimum of two years’ experience as a police officer from an agency comparable in size (or larger), complexity and duties as the Deer Park Police Department and the ability to obtain a TCOLE license prior to hiring.