Salary $78,716.35 Annually
Closing Date 1/5/2024 2:00 PM Central
The Naperville Board of Fire and Police Commission is accepting applications for the position of Police Officer. Applications are available at https://iosolutions.com/product/naperville-il-police-officer-job-application-4/
Please note that there is no application fee.
Please direct ALL QUESTIONS regarding the application, required documents or testing before the application date to (800) 343-HIRE (4473) or https://iosolutions.com/
Additional information is located at: https://www.naperville.il.us/government/board-and-commissions/board-of-fire-and-police-commissions/police-officer-recruitment/
The Naperville Police Department employs a staff of almost 300 employees whose mission is to provide extraordinary service to the community while protecting life and property. Our officers are educated, well-trained professionals dedicated to working in partnership with our citizens to provide a safe place to live, work and conduct business. The Naperville Police Department is an internationally-accredited law enforcement agency. Recognizing the diverse needs of the community, the department provides and encourages a policy of professional and individual excellence, which is enhanced by continuing education and training.
Starting salary is $78,716.35 (2024 Step 1 rate per contract).
- Citizenship: Must be a citizen of the United Sates.
- Age: Must be at least twenty-one years of age and under thirty-five, unless otherwise exempt by statute.
- Education: Must be a high school graduate AND must have completed at least 60 hours of college credit at an accredited college or university to apply.
- POWER Card: Must provide a valid POWER Test card dated within the last six months
- Character: Must possess good moral character suitable to the role of a law enforcement officer. Must pass a thorough character and background investigation, which shall include a polygraph test.
- Other: Must pass a medical examination and psychological assessment. Must meet the vision requirement of uncorrected 20/100 correctable to 20/20 and not be color blind.
- Must meet all requirements of the Board of Fire and Police Commissioners Rules, City of Naperville Municipal Code, and laws of the State of Illinois.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION – These documents will be required upon the start of the screening/background process:
- Copy of birth certificate/valid U.S. passport
- Copy of high school diploma
- Official college transcripts
- Copy of driver’s license, front and back
- Copy of POWER Test Card issued within the last six months
The City of Naperville, Illinois is a dynamic community of 148,000 residents, conveniently located 28 miles west of Chicago. Various publications have named Naperville as one of the best cities in the United States in which to live. The City has gained national recognition for our family-friendly environment, excellent schools and library system, low crime rate, and vibrant downtown area. It’s also a great place to work! Our municipal government employs over 900 dedicated individuals in a wide range of job categories and provides a dynamic & collaborative working environment, a forward-looking leadership team, and a competitive benefits package.
The City of Naperville complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Individuals needing accommodations in the recruitment process should notify Human Resources in advance at (630) 305-7066.