Industry: Protective Service
Occupational Category: Law Enforcement
**Now accepting applications from candidates who have taken and passed the Public Safety Testing, Inc. exam for the City of Spokane. PST score must be less than six months old**
Performs general duty police work in the enforcement of laws and ordinances.
- Exercises powers of arrest and control; defends self and uses force and deadly force; enforces motor vehicle laws; operates vehicle under emergency conditions and provides emergency assistance; responds to crime scenes and performs criminal investigations; participates in special operations.
- Patrols a designated area on foot or in a radio and computer equipped vehicle to preserve law and order, to prevent and discover the commission of crime, to direct traffic and to enforce traffic and parking regulations.
- Answers calls and investigates complaints involving accidents, fires, misdemeanors and felonies; investigates suspicious activities.
- Administers first aid, interviews witnesses, gathers information and evidence, makes arrests, prepares reports, testifies as witness in court.
- May be assigned, on a permanent or shift basis, to such specialized technical or administrative duties as: working police desk, maintenance of criminal records, license inspection, photographic and identification work, traffic safety training, field training, radio operation, etc.
- Advises public on laws and ordinances, provides general information and otherwise assists the public.
- Performs related work as required.
Open Entry (Must be met at time of application.)
- Education: Completion of 45 quarter or 30 semester credit hours of course work from an accredited college or university with a minimum GPA of C or 2.0, which includes at least 5 quarter or 3 semester credit hours of college English.
- Experience: None
Licenses and Certifications (Must submit proof of valid license and current certification.)
- Possession of a valid driver's license.
- Candidates must be 20 years of age at the time of application and 21 years of age at the time of appointment.
- Must be within the normal weight range for height.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.