Salary: $59,723 (start) to $81,441 (4th year).
The City of Walker, Michigan is always accepting applications to fill openings for the position of full-time police officer. This position requires a commitment to the community policing philosophy. Officers must strive to create a partnership between themselves and the community they serve, working together to identify, prioritize and solve problems with the goal of improving the overall quality of life in the City of Walker. They are responsible for the accomplishment of the Mission and Vision of the Walker Police Department.
- Must be at least 18 years of age and MCOLES.
- Certifiable at the time of employment.
- An Associates Degree in Criminal Justice is desired, Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Candidates must possess a valid Michigan driver’s license with no restrictions.
- Be able to pass an extensive background, written, physical, and psychological examination as well as an oral assessment and drug screening.