Rate of Pay: 26.72 – 40.65
Details: Sign-On-Bonus $4,000
This position will enforce local, state, and federal laws, prevent and suppress crime and accidents, and promote public safety through community policing principles. This position will be responsible for the investigation of criminal cases as assigned. This is a full-time position.
• Will be required to have a physical presence and regular and reliable attendance with the ability to work all rotating shifts.
• Patrols the city to detect and deter criminal activity and traffic violations; promotes public safety through community presence and policing.
• Responds to calls for service, including domestic disputes, assaults, burglaries, traffic accidents, lost or missing persons searches, public service duties, stranded motorists, and others.
• Works with the public, businesses, and other law enforcement agencies to resolve a variety of problems and concerns.
• Conducts preliminary investigations into traffic accidents and other incidents, including interviewing victims, complainants and witnesses, gathering information and evidence, and securing crime scenes; serves search warrants.
• Apprehends, arrests, and processes offenders, including fugitives.
• Provides assistance and backup support to other officers and emergency service providers as necessary.
• Provides traffic direction as needed for events such as parades, funerals, events, and school crossings.
• Testifies in judicial proceedings as necessary.
• Transports prisoners.
• Completes all required reports and forms, including accident and incident reports.
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with completion of specialized training in the field of work, in addition to basic skills typically associated with a high school education.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of South Dakota for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain South Dakota Law Enforcement Certification.