Industry: Protective Service
Occupational Category: Law Enforcement
Is a criminal background check needed for this position?: Yes
Is a credit check needed for this position?: No
Does this position require travel for University business in a rental car or University owned vehicle?: Yes
Job Category: Staff
Job Type: Full-Time
Pay Rate: $33,000+ up to commensurate with experience
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Pay Basis: Bi-weekly
Internal posting only?: No
Open Until Filled: Yes
- Responsible for the protection and security of university students, visitors, staff and properties.
- Requires high school diploma or GED and Peace Officers Standards and Training (P.O.S.T.) certification in Georgia, which must be in Law Enforcement.
- Candidates must also be in good standing with P.O.S.T.
- Prior police related experience is desirable.
- Valid driver’s license is also required.
- Selection of the final candidate is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
NOTE: Correctional Officer certification does not qualify for this position.