This recruitment is open to all qualified applicants. It will establish an eligibility list from which an appointment to fill an upcoming vacancy will be made.
2/17/2020 11:00 AM Central
• Conducts routine preventive patrol in designated areas of the City; patrols residential/business areas for detection of violators; initiates contacts with both business operators and residents; maintains an open line of communication within the community;
• Responds to calls for police service;
• Provides information and/or assistance to the public (this is a community service-oriented community)
• Investigates traffic accidents, enforces traffic violations, conducts driver intoxication investigations, conducts criminal and non-criminal investigations, performs surveillance, conducts follow-up investigations;
• Enforces Federal, State and local laws;
• Prepares written reports, forms, and other documents as required;
• Testifies in criminal and civil court proceedings; gives depositions.
• Must be at least 18 years of age;
• Must be a citizen of the United States;
• Must have a high school diploma or equivalent;
• Must have a valid Wisconsin driver's license (or the ability to obtain a Wisconsin driver's license if one is not held), along with a good driving record;
• Must be eligible for Wisconsin Law Enforcement Standards Board Certification (successfully completed academy) or must be currently enrolled in a training academy with anticipated graduation by June 1, 2020;
• Must have no felony convictions (unless pardoned);
• Must have no domestic abuse convictions;
• Must have the ability to speak and understand the English language;
• Must be in good physical condition;
• Must have vision correctable to 20/20.