$48,997.13 – $67,143.44 Annually
Under general direction, to perform police duties, such as; foot patrol, motorized patrol within the City of Casselberry; to prevent crime; to detect and arrest the perpetrators of crimes; to regulate traffic; to provide public assistance; to perform all additional functions for the rank as prescribed by relevant laws, city ordinances, departmental rules and regulations, orders and directives of the Police Department; to perform special duties and/or assignments as directed by the Chief of Police in his discretion; to enforce the laws of the State of Florida and the ordinances of the City of Casselberry.
Examples of Essential Functions
– Patrols assigned zone in a police vehicle.
– Responds to emergency and non-emergency calls for police assistance as directed within the City of Casselberry.
– Arrests violators of state laws and city ordinances, as required.
– Directs and regulates traffic within the City.
– Investigates traffic accidents.
– Maintains the public peace.
– Provides general assistance to the public such as: to injured and ill persons, and in public and domestic disturbances.
– Inspects and protects business and residential properties in the nighttime.
– Completes and submits detailed written reports on approved forms on all activities.
– Appears in courts of law to present testimony and evidence in arrest cases.
– Qualify in a physical fitness test.
– Qualify in an oral review board.
– Qualify in a CVSA interview/examination.
– Qualify in a physical examination and medical testing administered by the City of Casselberry approved agent prior to employment.
– Qualify in a drug screen test.
– Qualify in a psychological fitness test administered by the City of Casselberry approved agent prior to employment.
THIS IS NOT A SPONSORED/PAID POLICE ACADEMY POSITION. In order to be considered for this position, the applicant must have successfully complete a Florida Law Enforcement Officer Academy, be CURRENTLY attending a Florida Law Enforcement Officer Academy or CURRENTLY attending a Florida Cross-Over Law Enforcement Academy and is in good standing or has had their out-of-state Law Enforcement certification transferred over to a Florida Law Enforcement certification.