Under direct supervision, performs routine patrol and traffic control duties and primarily administrative and investigative duties involving the safety and protection of life and property; assist senior level law enforcement personnel in the enforcement of civil and criminal laws and ordinances; prepares activity reports detailing the occurrence of all incidents during assigned shift.
Closing Date/Time: Fri. 03/27/20 5:00 PM Central Time
Salary: $28.07 Hourly
1. Patrols an assigned district or beat on foot, motorcycle or radio cruiser, provides assistance to public; responds to emergency calls; makes arrests for violations or when warrants are in effect; investigates suspicious conditions; preserves evidence at crime scene; recovers stolen property; testifies in court when requires.
2. Enforces traffic parking regulations; investigates automotive and vehicle accidents; reports abandoned vehicles; operates traffic radar devices.
3. Provides assistance to the general public; receives complaints and request for police assistance; books suspects; collects traffic and other fines; bond fees; prepares reports.
4. Assists senior level law enforcement personnel in the investigation of unlawful incidents; gathers information; evidence, interviews witnesses; may transport suspects to and from court, jail; may perform undercover or plain clothes duties.
5. Participates in a program of public information and relations; may speak before interested groups about law enforcement and crime prevention.
Performs other duties as required or assigned.
Requires knowledge, skill and mental development equivalent to completion of four (4) years high school.
Requires no previous experience.
Requires successful completion of Police Academy Training Course.
Requires possession of a valid Class D Illinois Vehicle Operator's License as defined in the 1993 Secretary of State Driver License Classification System or an equivalent license issued by the employee's state of residence